THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

The story of a modest man (prologue)

It's funny how after several years, a single night has evoked every memory I've been trying to forget - the unchangeable past I try to remold - ... and it's simply ironic how what I had loved and cherished above all, disillusioned me from the delirious dream I had been living in, turning it into a nightmare - only worse, because it was - and still is - reality.

If ever I am something,  then I am a person of simplicity. Regardless of all the thick layers and fancy drapes and covers and masks my face is frequently enveloped in, you can still recognize the deeply carved lines etched on my face; lines which for me symbolize struggle and conviction - the old, plain Enric - the old ordinary me who would never ever spark any interest at all unless I did something extremely pathetic which I normally do anyway.

I was born in a cosmopolitan city to my parents - Mr. Anton Navarra, a struggling businessman who did and does everything - and I mean literally everything -  in his power to sustain the needs of his family- and my mother - the truthful lawyer whose cooking her children seldom craved for and who, well, basically was everything I wished my future wife would never be.
Siblings? Yes, yes, I have some: Ron, former class president, lead quarterback and topnotcher in class who is currently taking a scholarship in MIT, waiting to change the world; Emma, senior, the cheerful cheerleader, voted sexiest hottie of the year and winner of the science fair 3 years in a row; PJ (a.k.a Paul-Jean), the "better-more handsome-hotter-cleverer-more cunning and fun-twin" (guess who the lame twin is?); and last, but not least, the newest addition to the family: Rose-Marie, 3-year-old-apparent-genius who can already divide.
And Enric, guy full of wishful thinking.

0 squiggle(s):